Monday, April 30, 2007

Rightwing local blog in Utah agrees with Lieberman, I'm shocked

So in my day to day blog reading, I sometimes like to wander over to the other side and see what they have to say. It's like stabbing yourself in the eye with a fork, just to make sure you're still alive. One of my favorite sites for this is a local blog in Utah, the UtahRattler. Going to his site today and what do I see, him proclaiming

I hardly agree with Sen. Lieberman on any issues, but he’s been super on the war. He puts several in the Republican party to shame.
Now I agree with Lieberman putting several Republican's to shame wholeheartedly, although I don't mean that as a compliment, but that is where my agreement with this blog ends (although I am impressed at the ability to cut and paste that much into one blogpost). But in terms of the Lieberman problem (sounds like a disease doesn't it), this is why he causes a problem for Democrats everywhere. There are Republicans all over the country pointing at him and saying "look, we have Democrats that agree with us, we must be right."

Hopefully in about 19 months, Lieberman will be less relevant when it comes to vote count, but he will continue to be an example of bipartisan support for Republicans until 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Zell Miller as an example of bipartisanship myself. His book A National Party No More takes recent Democrats to task over a variety of issues.

    Out of curiosity, which politician would you nominate for the bi-partisan award?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure there is anyone who I would identify as partisan anymore. The conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans are a dieing breed.

    For example, I'd point to Lincoln Chaffee, which would probably make most on the right feel the way I do of Lieberman.

    But of all three (Lieberman, Chaffee, and Miller), I don't think they were (or are) trying to reach across the aisle to cooperatively govern. Miller and Chaffee were trying to get re-elected in hostile territory and Lieberman has left his party behind (you can't call something bipartisan if you're the only one crossing over).

    ReplyDelete