Thursday, December 27, 2007

Political Book-Buying Patterns (Interactive Map)

Orgnet (via Political Books) has put together an interactive map of this year's political book purchasing trends, using social-networking data of top selling books.

This network visualization shows patterns of political book buying prior to the 2008 U.S. presidential primaries. Books are linked if bought by the same reader -- only top-sellers are shown. Two distinct clusters emerge, with a few books bridging the divide -- very similar to 2004.
[...]
Broken Government is the most influential blue book, and An Inconvenient Book is the most influential red book, just beating out Power to the People.
I don't know that it impresses me John Dean sold the most books to Democrats, but I know it scares the beejezzus out of me that book-reading Republicans are getting their information from Glenn "I've Got Some Time and a Camera" Beck.

No comments:

Post a Comment