Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Cove



I've been going to Sundance since the early 90's, and I've seen a lot of documentaries.

I don't know if is was the "wrongness" of watching humans hunt certain animals, or the government complicity in feeding school children the mercury-heavy meat, or the simple pride in barbarism displayed by some of the defenders of the subject at hand, but on the last Saturday of the festival, I left a theater more moved by a documentary than ever before. In fact I'm still furious.

Video we grabbed of the filmmakers and activist Ric O'Barry here.

And there's a trailer for the film (which hopefully sees full release soon) here.

Get involved here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post about The Cove! I agree that this film is extremely moving. Hopefully it will finally put an end to the horrific dolphin slaughters. If you want to sign up to get updates from Ric O'Barry or donate to help the cause, please visit savejapandolphins.org.

    ReplyDelete